15 Tell-tale Signs That Your Partner Is A Narcissist


Ever felt like something is not quite right in your relationship? Does it seem like you’re constantly walking on egg shells, fearful of being reprimanded for not meeting your partner’s expectations? Basically, if you’ve been on the receiving end of ongoing criticism and emotional abuse from your partner, I’m afraid it’s possible that you are in a relationship with a narcissist.

Also read: How To Tackle Attention-Seeking Personality Disorder

It’s alright, there’s one in every family, friend circle, classroom, work place and every other place! There’s no place where you can’t expect a person with such a personality disorder. Yes, narcissism is a spectrum disorder; and a high level narcissist can have a more damaging influence on you than smoking pot for a week… err, actually no, they’re both equally damaging!

Narcissists believe that no matter what, they're always right

Narcissists believe that no matter what, they’re always right

So, if you want to know whether you’re dealing with a narcissist in your relationship, look out for these tell-tale signs:

Also read: How To Be A Genuinely Cultured Individual

  • When something goes wrong, your partner blames everyone but themselves.
  • They refuse to be accountable for their behavior. It’s YOU who PROVOKED them to act in a certain way!
  • They believe they are right. Always.
  • Your partner has not been able to accept you for who you are and seem more concerned about how you and your behavior reflects upon them.
  • They make you feel ‘not good enough’ for them.
  • They are fake. They lie and manipulate to protect their reputation.
  • Your kids don’t seem too comfortable with your partner.
  • Your partner seems to have trust issues with 90 percent of people and you have a feeling you don’t belong to the rest 10 percent.
Narcissists tend to be huge control freaks

Narcissists tend to be huge control freaks

  • They spend minimal (if at all) amount of time with the family.
  • They are too finicky about their image in the society and the extended family.
  • They like to have power and control over anything.
  • They are selfish to the point of jeopardizing your relationship if something reflects well on them.
  • You have always received criticism and complaints from them.
  • Your partner is jealous of your success at work or elsewhere.
  • They have to have things their way, there’s no question about it being otherwise.

Also read: How to develop a charismatic personality

And there you have it. If you have noticed even 2-3 of these signs then your partner is definitely a narcissist and you should probably suggest they go and see a shrink.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply