17 ads that have hit hard and made people think twice
"If you're trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language. The language they use every day, the language in which they think. We try to write in the vernacular."
- David Ogilvy (on advertisements)
What are advertisements for? To attract consumers to buy a product or service. No, if used correctly, advertisements can be a medium to spread useful information. Information that not only makes people aware of their surroundings but also persuades them towards change. Ads based on global warming, animal cruelty, smoking kills, domestic abuse, etc, call for attention. If you haven't, here are some of those ads that changed people's perception towards problems faced by the world and how we can contribute towards this change.
1) This fits perfectly for the recent plastic ban in India
2) Let children only remember a happy childhood
3) What happens to your children if you aren't around anymore?
4) It's not too late to QUIT!
5) Be careful of your trash, they don't taste that well!
6) Hunger is a REAL problem
7) Every minute a species DIE
8) For some, it is their Mt Everest
9) Women need to be treated as equals!
10) Real predators live in virtual worlds too
11) Animals aren't alive for your entertainment
12) Workers are not tools
13) Your skin colour don't decide your FUTURE
14) Painful memories NEVER leave
15) Do you see what's wrong here?
16) What do you read?
17) Likes don't help anyone