I don’t know about you guys, but a lot of my mornings end up snoozing through my alarm and then I end up getting late for work. So while I’m terrorized by the fact that I’d have to face my boss and think of excuses, I’m also freaking out over how I’m going to style my hair with hardly five to 10 minutes to spare. But not anymore! Thanks to all those ‘running late’ mornings, I’ve discovered 3 extremely simple and cute ‘running late’ hairstyles that are perfect for work or casual outings! Check them out!
Twisted, side swept pony tail:
- Start by parting your hair on one side.
- Then grab a section of your hair on the smaller side of your parting just above the ear, and twist it towards inside moving downwards.
- Keep adding in more sections of hair and go on twisting your hair until you reach the other ear.
- Split the hair in two sections – one with the twisted bunch of hair, and the remaining hair forming the bigger bunch. Wrap the smaller section around the bigger one. Bobby pin it snugly, so that your hair doesn’t fall loose.
- And that’s it! Flaunt your cute, twisted, side swept pony tail at work or wear it to a picnic.
The mini bun:
- Part your hair in the middle (you can even part it to a side if you don’t like it in the centre) and grab two small sections of your hair from each side.
- Get the two small sections right behind as if you’re making a small half-ponytail.
- Grab both the sections and twist them together. As you twist your hair, roll it over and start making a regular twisted bun.
- Once you roll the entire bun, secure it with a few bobby pins in place.
- You can even fan it out a bit and ta-da! The cute, adorable and super-easy mini bun is ready!
Also read: Hairstyles for wavy hair
Rope-twisted half updo:
- Part your hair in your favourite type of parting and grab a small section of hair from either side to start off with.
- Once you have a section, split it in two and start making a rope braid. (For those of you who don’t know what a rope braid is; you need to simply grab a section of your hair and split in two equal parts. Then twist them over and around each other once. Next you need to twist each individual section in opposite directions and continue to twist them over and around each other as you go down. That’s how simple a rope braid is!)
- Once your rope braid is ready, secure it with a rubber band or hair elastic so that it doesn’t open up.
- Move over to the other side and repeat the same steps to make another rope braid. Split, twist over and around, twist each section individually (in opposite direction) and again over and around. Finish by securing it with a hair elastic at the bottom.
- Now comes the important part. For this half updo you need to grab both your rope braids, and bring them back to the flat of your head. Secure the first braid to your head with a bobby pin (or maybe two if you have a lot of hair); then secure the second braid over the first one. Voila!
What are you waiting for? Try these super-quick, totally elegant and really easy hairstyles today!