Nectar shades are always a summer favourite. But this summer is all about nude, and mixing the right colours to make subtle combinations. A nude makeup look is polished and pretty and because you’re simply boosting your own skin tone, it’ll never appear as if you tried too hard. But nude should not mean one thing to all people. Picking fleshy colours that complement your complexion will prevent you from looking washed-out. So moving away from trying to look fairer, how do we Indians rock this nude look? Read on to know…
Five basic makeup tips every Indian girl should know are:
1) Always apply a primer before foundation to prevent lines as well as the dreaded cakey effect.
2) Blush would make you look like you’ve just arrived from the gym. So it’s better to first use a little bronzer on your cheeks, and then apply a minimal amount of pink/peach blusher on the apple of your cheeks.
3) Your cheeks and lips must always be the same colour. A peach with a peach, a pink with a pink.
4) Eyebrows should look like eyebrows, not tattoos. So choose an eye pencil with a powdery, matt texture that is very close to the colour of your eyebrows, but lighter.
5) Enhance your big beautiful Indian eyes by using black/brown kohl on the waterline. As for the lids; eyeliner is the word. Apply a thick stroke of eyeliner on the top and a lighter, thinner one below. Remember do not use you kohl on the lids as it could be difficult to remove later and could lead to breakage of the lashes due to tugging at hem. Finally, open up your eyes with mascara.
Makeup is meant to enhance your natural beauty, and not change it. So try to keep your makeup as minimal and as natural as possible. Beauty is universal. What is beautiful in India is beautiful in Russia and even so around the world. So whether your skin is fair, medium, or dark, these guidelines will give you the confidence to sport a barer kind of beauty.
Nude makeup tips for different complexions:
So obviously we Indians aren’t as fair as Jennifer Connelly. But that’s actually something that works in our favour; we can play with colours of our choice! For a nude makeup, just apply a shimmery shadow in light pink or peach to your entire lid, and then brush a pale champagne highlighter along the brow bone and around the inner corners. A satin-finish honey-apricot blush should perk up the warmth in our skin. Dust it onto the apples of your cheeks, and then swirl it back toward the temples. Pinkish beige balm adds a sweet flush to lips.
Our cappuccino complexion is God’s gift to us. We must not only appreciate, but also celebrate the sheer abundance of our complexion all across the universe. We are children of the Sun. And nude makeup definitely brings the heavens down on our faces. All we need to do is brush some golden-brown eye shadow onto the lids and along the bottom lash line. Sweep a chocolate-brown blush under the apples of the cheeks that runs up toward our temples. Finally, touch up the cheekbones with golden-bronze highlighter. An orange-brown lipstick can instantly brighten your lips.
Medium or olive tones are easily the prettiest on the spectrum. We’ve got the perfect tan without much ado. And nude makeup complements perfectly to our vanity. A pale pinkish-bronze shadow shows up but won’t look too smoky. Apply a light layer from lids to creases. Sweep a soft blush on the cheekbones and a mauve lip colour is enough to enhance our sexy pout.