Hair Extensions – The Dos And Don'ts Of Wearing Fake Hair
Hair extensions are the easy way out when limp, dull locks spoil your overall look. However, they can be quite tough to maintain. Not following their care guide could eventually defeat the purpose of using extensions, since every day will be a bad hair day.
While we have already enlightened you on the various methods of applying hair extensions, these artificial beauties also come with their own ‘dos and don'ts' book. Read on to know more about how you should care for your hair extensions.
- Carefully choose your hairstyle because all hairdos don't go well with extensions. A careless updo could give away your secret to the world.
- Be gentle with your hair, especially while brushing. Fake hair tangles easily so you need to be doubly sure with the kind of hairbrush you're using.
- Treat extensions just the way you would treat your natural hair. Use protective products before heat-styling them.
- Visit a stylist who has experience in hair extensions for fake strands that look natural. Also, schedule maintenance appointments at regular intervals.
- Wash your hair extensions every third day and in one direction. Refrain from washing it upside down or in the sink.
- If your extensions are permanently fixed, tie your hair in a loose braid or ponytail before going to sleep, since extensions should not be tangled.
- Don't try hair extensions for the first time on an important occasion. Get used to it first because you could end up looking like a disaster the first few times.
- Do not always depend on extensions. Give your natural hair a break from those fake strands, otherwise you may start balding at a young age!
- In the excitement of new Barbie-like hair, do not forget that you have real hair underneath, unlike that doll. By no mean should you let your fake hair harm your real hair.
- Don't use your hair extensions after they have worn out. Throw them away and save up for a new pair. Till then, be confident in your natural tresses.
- Don't sleep with clip-in hair extensions at night since they become painful after a while.
- Don't colour or bleach your fake hair since they dry out extensions, thereby shortening their life span.
With hair extensions, you need to be all the more careful about the health of your natural hair. However, this maintenance guide should help you.