Healthy and Tasty Oats Frankie
Most of the time I wish I didn't even have to work too much to eat, and then man invented frankies! A roll that can be made and eaten easily. You can often find these frankies selling as a street food! The additional benefit to them being super tasty is that it can be made healthier. It's a way to incorporate oats in your meal in a tastier way! Take a look at the following recipe of your nutritious Frankie that will fill your stomach.
For The Stuffing
1 1/2 tbsp oil or butter
1 3/4 cups boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
1 carrot (grated)
½ beet root (grated)
1 cup oats (finely ground)
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp chaat masala
salt to taste
4 tsp butter for cooking
1 cup finely chopped onions
4 tsp frankie masala (readily available in the market) or chaat masala
Schezwan Sauce (optional)
1) Take a big bowl to mix and knead the stuffing and add potatoes.
2) Add carrot, beet root and powdered oats to the potatoes and mix well.
3) Add chilli powder, garam masala, chaat masala, salt and mix well.
4) Take some stuffing and mould it in the shape of a roll and heat the stuffing roll on a pan till it turns brown.
5) Take a roti, apply schezwan sauce and onions and place the roll on it and roll it/wrap it.
6)Heat the roll on the same pan for a bit.
Your Healthy Frankie is READY!