Home Remedies For Pigmentation Or Discolouration Around Lips
Skin discolouration around lips and chin can be extremely embarrassing for both men and women. There are many reasons for this including hyper-pigmentation, hormonal changes, smoking, excessive treatments like shaving, waxing, threading, bleaching, sun damage, dead skin cells, dry skin, etc. However, don't lose heart if you have discoloured skin around your mouth, as there are various safe ways to treat the condition and get a confident smile!
Also read: Beauty Benefits Of Facial Steaming
- Lemon juice and olive oil: Being the best natural bleaching agent, lemon can cure pigmentation most effectively. Mix some lemon juice with equal amount of olive oil and apply the mixture on the affected area. Regular use will lighten the darkness and brighten your skin.
- Lemon juice and honey: If your skin is discoloured because of sun damage, then a lemon honey mixture can solve your woes. Mix some lemon juice with a teaspoon of honey and apply to the discoloured skin. Wash off after a few minutes.
- Yogurt and lemon juice: Apply some yogurt mixed with lemon juice on the dark areas of your skin around your mouth and leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and moisturize.
Also read: 4 steps to brighter and beautiful skin
- Glycerine: Glycerine can also brighten your skin and remove dark patches. Massage your skin with one tablespoon of glycerine before bedtime and leave it on overnight. This will also cure sun damage and pigmentation.
- Egg white and honey: Mix the white of one egg with a tsp of organic honey and apply it generously to the affected areas. Leave on to dry and peel off like a mask or wash off with plain water.
- Sandalwood powder and rose water: Sandalwood powder is known to be a great remedy for almost all skin problems, be it dryness, discolouration, dullness, or sun tan. Mix a tablespoon of sandalwood powder with some rose water to make a thick paste of dropping consistency. Apply this as a mask to your skin and leave it on to dry. Wash off and moisturize with a lotion that has an SPF of 30 or more.
Also read: Summer Skin Care Tips For Men
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel can soothe irritated skin and make it brighter. Apply some fresh aloe vera gel to your skin and leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash off with cool water and pat dry. Aloe vera is a great natural all-in-one cleanser, toner and moisturizer!
- Oatmeal: Mix 1 tablespoon oatmeal with a little yogurt and make a thick paste. If you can't stand the smell then add 2-3 drops of rose or lavender essential oil and apply it to the darkened skin.
- Gram flour and turmeric: Mix one tablespoon of gram flour (besan) and half a teaspoon turmeric powder with enough water to make a thin paste without any lumps. Apply it as a natural face mask and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off to reveal instantly brighter skin.
- Orange peel, honey and yogurt: Mix 2 tablespoons of dried orange peel powder with 1 teaspoon honey and 1 tablespoon yogurt and apply it on the affected area. This mask will remove any discolouration and blemishes on your skin while the honey will make your skin soft and smooth. Here are some other face masks you can make with orange peel powder.