How To Spot And Deal With Jealous People
Most of us will relate to this: every time you take a lot of pain to achieve something in life (be it losing weight, getting the perfect wedding outfit on sale, or landing a dream job) most often than not, there will be that one person who messes up your happiness. I like to nickname them Miss or Mr. ‘J' (jealous of course! Yes, dealing with jealous people can be a bit tricky but frankly, it's not a big deal if you know how to spot them in the first place. Here are a few tips to spot and tackle a jealous or envious person.
Also read: 5 Ways To Be Happy Always, Like A Child
- Just remember that people who are jealous of your success and who wish that you lose the things that you have, only wish to be in your place. And this is because they realize that they are not as good as you are.
- Spotting a jealous person is easy. No they won't come to you and admit that they're jealous of you and nor will they confide this in their (or your) friend. But the biggest give-away would be their open and frequent resentment and gossiping.
- A jealous person will usually spill their envy out of their mouths in the form of non-constructive criticism, rudeness and disrespect towards you.
- They will gossip about you. And may even spread hateful and negative rumours about you.
- Once you've spotted the jealous pest in your life, it's easy to get rid of them. Either ignore them altogether or let them burn in their own fire.
Also read: How to stay happy in everyday life
- People who envy you the most are the ones who are in need of what you posses. So they are jealous of you because fate wasn't so generous with them. The best bet is to ignore them. Don't let them know of your recent accomplishments and successes.
- Another way of tackling a jealous person is by fueling their fire! That's right, flood them with more good news about your life and let them burn!
- If you want to take it more seriously (probably because you're getting affected by their snide remarks) then confront them. Tell them that you realize they have been gossiping about you or trying to pull you down and ask them for a reason (but don't be surprised if they deny everything).
- If someone is jealous of you, he/she is really suffering because of your achievements. So much so that even if you left him/her without doing anything, they would still pay for it by experiencing such emotions. So you need not fret over it.
I hope these tips will help you a great deal at spotting and banishing all the negative people from your life! Here's another interesting article you may find useful: Banish the negative people of your life and stay happy!