Must-Read: Listing The Pros And Cons Of Blind Dating
Though we all must have heard about blind dating sometime or the other, only a handful of us are actually game for trying it! It takes a great deal of courage to turn up for a date without knowing how the other person looks like. I am personally petrified imagining that I would have to sit through the ordeal, if the date is a disaster.
But that being said, several people have been lucky enough to meet their soul mate at a blind date! How cool is that! Hence, if you, too, are considering about investing an evening with someone you haven't seen, read up on these pros and cons of blind dating before venturing out.
- You do not have any pre-conceived notions about your date, unlike other times when you already know the person fairly well. You enter the place with a blank mind and all that matters is the first impression.
- It is an awesome option for people who are super busy and don't have the time and energy to get hooked with someone. With blind dating, you just go meet the person on a spare evening and then it all depends on whether you guys connect or not! Pretty uncomplicated.
- The one advantage that lights up my face is that you could also find a potentially good friend in your date! A romantic connection isn't always necessary; you could just end up being the best of friends eventually :)
- It is feasible for people who are not in for long term commitments and are still in the healing phase of heartbreak. When your spirits are low, go out on a fun evening with a stranger and maybe that will be your therapy!
- If you love meeting new people, then this is your thing. Most of the times, we choose like-minded people to socialise with. Once in a while, it's fun to talk to someone from a totally different league. And you never know, you might actually end up liking the experience.
- Don't get all excited after reading the pros because a blind date can be dangerous too! Don't go on the face value of things because the person sitting opposite to you could be a psychopath, for heaven's sake! Remember to make rational decisions and always be alert.
TBD advice: Choose a crowded public place to meet up and keep help at hand.
- Your date could be all those things that you'd never want and if you're too unlucky, you'd probably have to spend the entire evening stuck in that situation! Talk about being disappointed.
TBD advice: A fake call is a saviour, if you get the hint ;)
- Awkwardness at its worst... that's what blind dating is. If you're on the introvert side, then this is probably not your cup of tea. You guys could be staring at the walls if your date is also gross at small talks!
Everything said and done, it's a risk that's not bad after all. At the end of the day, you'll at least have an interesting story to narrate for the rest of your life :)