The 90th Academy Awards ceremony, hosted by Jimmy Kemmel, honored the best films of 2017 and took place at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. It was as beautiful and perfect as it could get with stars dazzling in their glamorous dresses to winners taking pride home. As fashion and Oscars kind of go hand in hand, here are some of the highlights of the event that made everyone go WOW.
- Olympic medallist and figure skater Adam Rippon was one of the first persons to arrive on the red carpet in an unconventional outfit. Along with a suit he was wearing a Jeremy Scott harness, which was perhaps a nod to the Fifty Shades franchise.
- The QUEEN of the event was Rita Moreno, wearing the same outfit she wore when she won an Oscars in 1962 for West Side Story.
- Wearing an ivory Chanel gown, Margot Robbie, who was nominated in the category for best actress for her role in I, Tonya, looked fabulous and royal.
- Gal Gadot turned heads on the red carpet in a silver Givenchy flapper-inspired dress. The Wonder Woman hero completed the glittering look with silver stilettos and a Tiffany diamond necklace.
- Black Panther’s Chadwick Boseman gave a nod to Wakandan fashion in his custom-made Givenchy suit.
- Jennifer Lawrence dazzled in a gold sequin Dior gown, Roger vivier shoes and Niwaka jewellery.
- Taking home an Oscars for best supporting actress, Allison Janney turned the red carpet wearing a long, elegant red gown with a matching clutch.
- Viola Davis looked sensational in her pink strappy dress for the event.
- The legendary Helen Mirren looked radiant in her cornflower blue dress, showing off her sensational figure.
- American singer and songwriter Andra Day made herself comfortable on the plush red carpet and showcased her floral gown.
So tell us which one you think stood out