If you clicked on this article, then, I’m guessing you’re quite skinny and thinking of gaining weight and some curves. If you’ve been told that you are way too thin (or undernourished) and are completely fed up of hearing these comments from people all the time, then congratulations, you’ve landed at the right place! First of all, you need to realize that you are one of the fortunate few women who have a really fast metabolism. So, be glad. At the same time you must realize that being extra thin and having to wear an ‘XS’ is not healthy at all.
Since obesity is so common (almost like an epidemic), there is a horde of information on the internet about how to lose weight. But in comparison, there is nothing about how to do the opposite. So here you are, these tips will help any skinny girl get the enviable hourglass curves that would get a man excited!
1) Since we believe in going the natural way, you won’t need any supplements or artificial weight increasers to get a healthier body. So start by feeling positive about your weight goal.
2) Consult a nutritionist and determine what your ideal body weight and statistics should be. Then get them to chalk out a diet plan for you.
3) Increase your calorie intake by 500 to 1000 calories per day. Mention the same to your nutritionist.
4) Eat three wholesome meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) spaced 5 hours apart.
5) Additionally, eat 2 to 3 healthy snacks in between your meals. Opt for fresh fruits like bananas, berries, avocados, mangoes, etc and also eat nuts and dried fruits every day.
6) Try to include high calorie dairy products in your daily diet; for instance, milkshakes, yogurt, and cheese.
7) Never skip your breakfast; this is one of the most common mistakes people make.
8) Try to increase your portion size gradually so that your body is able to take more calories and food.
9) Eat moderate fats, higher protein, and higher fiber. Choose to consume eggs, meat, fish, milk, seeds for the protein, but also bear in mind that most of the calories for weight gain come from carbohydrates and fats; so don’t replace them for proteins.
10) Eat starch too – like rice, potatoes, peas, cauliflower, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes.
11) Avoid trans fats and saturated fats and eat non-saturated fats like nuts, seeds, peanut butter, avocados.
12) Cook your food in olive oil or canola oil.
13) Drink 8 glasses of water a day or try to consume at least one and a half liters of fluid daily.
14) Do NOT drink water before meals. Wait for 10-20 minutes after you finish eating and then drink water.
15) Avoid alcohol, fizzy beverages, tea, coffee and anything with caffeine in it.
16) Be moderately active throughout the day but do not exert yourself.
17) Exercise for an hour every day. Your gym instructor will be able to guide you on how you can increase your statistics with 30 to 60 minutes of weight training.
18) Avoid too much of aerobic exercises like running, jogging, stationary bicycling, treadmill, swimming, kick boxing, jumping jacks etc.
19) You can try doing bench presses, pushups, pull ups, squats and lunges, and mild yoga exercises along with breathing and meditation.
20) And finally, keep track. If possible, keep a food journal to track your weight gain progress. Keep a record of your daily calorie consumption. Weigh yourself at the end of each week to see your development.
If you follow these tips and your nutritionist’s advice properly, you’ll start seeing a noticeable progress in your body weight and shape. So what are you waiting for? Go for it, girl!