Who doesn’t like having gorgeous and beautiful pictures as memories? The idea of looking at old pictures and smiling makes anyone want to click more flattering photos for keepsakes. But what if 10 years from now, you looked at an old photo of yours and almost cringed because you see your head at an awkward angle or maybe your double chin is highlighted? No one would want that embarrassment, would you? If you’re worried about how you look in photos, here are some tips and tricks to look good in photos.
- Before you get a picture taken, gently close your eyes, count till 3 and open them. This way you won’t blink when a photo is being taken which means no half-sleepy eyes!
- If you have some flab under the chin, try this trick: Elongate your neck slightly upwards, not towards front, and tip your chin downwards a bit. This position of your head hides the double chin and makes your face look slimmer.
- Wear makeup! Makeup will not only hide your flaws and blemishes but will also help you look better in photos. Ensure that you wear a shade of foundation and concealer that is an exact match of your skin tone, or at least a very close match. Even boys can wear a little bit of makeup during photoshoots, at least to take care of your oily patches.
- Curl your lashes. Curling your lashes or using mascara will open up your eyes and make them look bigger. This way you’ll automatically look prettier in photos!
- Posing for pictures with confidence will make you look better in them. Smile, tilt your head and push your shoulders slightly behind to get the right posture.
- Get a great hairstyle. A good hairstyle will make you look glamorous in pictures. If you don’t wish to visit a salon, use some good hair care products to get gorgeous hair.
- Look towards a source of light, maybe a window or a bright lamp. This trick will ensure you don’t get a red-eye when the flash hits your eyes.
- Add some colour on your cheeks. If you don’t have a blush-on handy then pinch the apples of your cheeks to get a rosy hue. Old school, but trust me it works!
- Stand in front of a white or a light-coloured wall. Make sure your background isn’t too busy so that the focus is on you.
Say something funny instead of cheese! Doing so will bring out the real, natural giggle that looks far better in photos than a fake smile. Share your tricks to look good in photos with us, in the comments below!