Top 8 Winter Skin Care Tips That You Need
You already know it's a sin to go to bed without washing your face, right? But if you have been fighting the January winds and your skin needs some SOS, then here's your guide to the biggest winter skin care lessons that you need to know!
- Remember, you can still get sunburned in the winter, so apply that sun-block before you step out. Use a sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to best combat both UVB and UVA rays.
- Hydrate your skin as much as possible. I cannot stress the importance of drinking eight glasses of water per day, enough. Drinking from a bottle makes you consume less water so get that glass out.
- Moisturize! Right after your morning shower, right before you step out, right before you go to bed. These are crucial times when you need to keep your skin healthy and hydrated by using a moisturizer with vitamins A, E and C.
- Wear multiple layers if it's breezy outside. Gloves are not just for snowball fights or when you do the dishes. Slather on a good amount of moisturizer and wear gloves and socks to protect your skin.
- Immunity is usually low in winter, so consider taking supplements like omega-3 capsules and multi vitamins. These essential fatty acids make up about 20 percent of the outer layer of our skin, which is responsible for preventing water loss from the skin.
- Chuck the soap! The worst thing you're probably doing is using soap to wash your body. Your soap may contain harmful detergents that irritate the skin and make it further dry. Try a moisturizing bodywash instead. Go for a product that contains Shea butter or glycerin.
- Your lips too need some TLC, so keep a lip balm or a chap-stick handy always. Apply as often as you feel the need to, for nicely moisturized lips.
- Exfoliating in winter may sound odd, but it's even more important during this chilly weather. Once a week, you must exfoliate your skin with a gentle scrub, preferably containing smooth and fine grain beads.