11 Clever Ways To Make A Small Space Look Bigger
So you love everything about your new apartment except for the fact that it feels too tiny and cramped? We've all gone through that feeling when we feel we lack space in our pad! But there are ways to play smart; ways which can cleverly create the illusion of a larger space even while our heart knows that it's pretty tough adjusting in the tiny room. Well, you don't need to pass on that information to outsiders ;)
Also Read: 6 Easy Budget-Friendly Home Makeover Ideas
You ask, ‘What ways?'... we say, ‘Read on!'
- Paint or wallpaper the ceiling to draw attention upwards. A jazzed up ceiling translates into the illusion of height.
- For the wall paints, choose lighter hues over darker shades. A light-coloured floor also aids to the airiness of the room.
- Don't let furniture stick to the wall. A few inches gap between the walls and furniture makes the space look more open.
- Make use of multi-storage items to stash things that are not required to be left out in the open always. A small space needs the art of de-cluttering.
- Shelves near the ceiling draw the eye upwards and make your space look bigger and better. Bonus Tip: Such high-rise shelves look best when used as bookcases.
- Invest in eye-catching, statement furniture. Always remember the trick: Less is more!
- Choose rugs that are bright and vertically striped. Also, opt for two smaller rugs instead of a huge one; this way you can create the look of separate little spaces in the room.
- Curtains: No... Blinds: Yes! Or better still, leave your windows uncovered for some much-needed depth.
- Decorate the walls of your room with dramatic art pieces or stunning mirror works. P. S – We give a thumbs-up to see-through pieces of furniture.
Also Read: Using Mirror As Home Decor
- Overhead lighting doesn't help when you're trying to give the room the feel of a larger place. Instead, look for pretty lampshades of various shapes and sizes.
- No points for guessing, furniture that can be folded, stacked or wheeled away when not in use is an essential factor when we're talking about a small room.
Also Read: Fun ways to decorate your empty wall
A small room does not always need to LOOK LIKE a small room! These handy home decor tips show us how to make a small space look bigger :)