14 Little Habits That Are Secrets To A Happy Relationship
Contrary to popular belief, a happy relationship is not a myth! I don't intend to preach like an agony aunt but the beauty of a relationship lies in its small efforts. You don't need to use pricey gifts and expensive dinner dates as an expression of your feelings; if they are heartfelt, your cute little efforts are enough to show how much you love your partner. The Brunette Diaries lists down the habits that are super essential for a successful relationship.
- The habit of sending cute ‘good morning' and ‘good night' messages can never go out of fashion, especially if it's a long-distance relationship that we're talking about.
- A romantic relationship based on friendship will always have an edge over the one that is based on respect (personal piece of advice) :)
- Do not sleep over a fight! No matter what the issue is, sort it out before you turn off the lights, even if it means that you need to take the initiative. Ground rule 1: Fight often, make up often...make out often ;)
- Also, don't hold grudges. Finish a fight completely and move ahead with a clean slate; don't keep any unsaid feelings bottled up inside you.
- Know how to manaao your love! Trust me, the trick here could be anything - from a bar of chocolate to a relaxing head massage.
- Always find a little time for your partner, even if you're super busy. You'll be surprised to know how a 5-minute mushy phone conversation between work hours lights up yours and your partner's face.
- Even if cheesy romantic gestures are not your thing, throw in a few compliments and words of encouragement in your conversation once in a while. They go a long way!
- Differentiate between an act of responsibility and an act of love. It says a lot about your relationship.
- The importance of spending quality time with your mate cannot be emphasized enough. Even something as simple as sharing a meal can go miles in strengthening your bond.
- Don't leave out your partner on any fun college/office gossip or aunty-like family bitching. Ground rule 2: Bae is not counted in ‘anyone' in the phrase ‘don't tell anyone'!
- Duck-face selfies, sudden tickle fights, nonsensical dance sessions or midnight pizza-binging in pyjamas... that is love! :)
- His all-boys night and your all-girls sleepover brings in the much-needed space in your relationship. Give yourselves a chance to miss each other and come back to some morning romance!
- Don't assume! If you haven't spoken to your partner about something that upsets you, do it right away. Give him a chance to put his story forward instead of assuming things.
- Ground rule 3: There's no such thing like too many ‘I Love You's in a relationship! Say it as often as you can.
You may call them funny, you may call them weird, but these little habits are undoubtedly the secrets to a happy relationship.