15 Interesting Methods To Reuse Old Sarees
Pretty old sarees taking up space in your cupboard but are not fit to be worn anymore? Or the old silk sarees which your mother gifted you and you just can't dispose them because they are very precious memories? No worries. The Brunette Diaries brings you ways in which you can reuse old sarees and keep them with yourself for a very long time to come!
- Saree dresses are the new favourite this season. Get hold of old Chanderi or Banarasi silk sarees and transform it into a dress. The best part about such dresses is that they give you a modern yet ethnic look. Better still, take two old sarees and mix and match them for an innovative creation! Make sure that both the sarees complement each other
- Because of the length of a saree, you could also transform a rich Kanjeevaram saree into a floor-length anarkali. How gorgeous would that look!
- If you prefer a kurti to a top and jeans, turn your sarees into classy kurtis. A heavy saree would make festive kurtis and the simple ones would make everyday kurtis
- Chic palazzo pants can be made with sarees with zari borders
- Make bright-coloured jackets and overcoats to team up with your sober kurtis
- If the borders of your saree are damaged, replace the old borders with brand new ones and you could wear your saree again
- What's more? Give a fun twist to the wardrobe of your little princess by making cute lehengas and frocks for her out of your old sarees
- Use old, bright silk sarees to make pillow covers and cushion covers. You could also reuse old sarees to make elegant curtains and bed linen for an instant blast of colour to your boring home decor
- Cut an old saree into pieces and get them framed. Now arrange the pieces in an abstract pattern on a wall painted in a solid colour. In just a reasonable amount of money, you give a sophisticated look to your house
- Design a cute Potli purse for the times when you don't feel like carrying too many things along with you. It adds a fun element to your ensemble
- Ditch the regular gift wrappers when you wanna gift something to your loved ones. Add a personal touch to your gift by wrapping the gift with a piece of an old saree
- Make fluffy soft cases for your mobile and laptop using old cotton or silk sarees
And now that you know of ways to reuse old sarees and give them a reason of existence, let your imagination run wild with all those beautiful sarees that have a been lying on the back shelf of your cupboard for quite a while now. And since most of these tricks are DIY, you have a new pastime as well!