15 Relationship Saving Tips That Every Couple Needs
A happy and successful relationship is cherished forever. But if you and/or your partner are left wondering "Why can't things be the way they were in the beginning?" then probably your relationship has been going downhill. Don't worry, you can easily revive the good ol' days' spark, with these 20 relationship saving tips that every couple needs.
Also read: How to survive long distance relationships
- Be honest: If your partner can't trust you, then they will never be themselves with you.
- Be open to adjustments: Gender roles are ever evolving, so learn to adjust and be flexible about who wears the pants in your relationship. Compromise is an inherent part of any relationship and you may have to sacrifice, but try and find a healthy balance. Don't be negative about your sacrifices.
- It's okay to fight: It's completely healthy to argue in a relationship. Just don't do it all the time. What's more important is trying to make it up after the argument is over. That's what brings you close.
- Don't boss around: Their life could possibly be a rocky road of late, and you're trying to "help" them out by giving them tips they SHOULD follow. Try as you might but you won't be able to fix them (if they need fixing), so bossing them around won't help. All you can do is subtly help them sort their issues out while also having them want to understand you better.
- Know each other's background: It's important to know where the other person comes from. I don't mean the place they come from but the values and principles they carry with themselves.
- Listen: If you don't respect your partner's view and listen to them, you'll eventually lose their respect. So, be thoughtful and pay attention to their words.
- Express your love often: I agree it's impossible to keep up the fancy dinners and vacations. But even small gestures of love need to be expressed to be felt. So go for a walk often and tell her she's beautiful, or make him his favorite steak and have a beer together before you make sweet love.
- Know what's right for you: Whatever your friends may tell you, they couldn't possibly know your partner or relationship better than you do. So take all their advice with a pinch of salt and do what you feel is best for your relationship.
- Seek help from someone trustworthy: Even though you know your best friend since childhood, in matter of the heart, always seek help from a parent or a counselor who would be logical and unbiased.
- Value each other's interests: Not everybody has the same type of hobbies and interests. However, do your best to pay attention to each other's interest and value them.
- Speak up: If you aren't getting something you need, ask for it. It's that simple. After a period of time, your partner may not be able to read your mind as they could once; so speak up and tell them what you wish for in the best possible manner. They would be more than glad to do anything for you if you only ask for it.
- Don't trust magazines for sex tips: Although it's good to take a tip of two from places, but never trust magazines for sex tips. You and your partner know better what works for both of you; and besides, some tips in the magazines are better suited in a porn video. The real deal is way different.
- To each his own: Realize that you understand your relationship better that others. And they know better about their relationship than you do. Try to keep it that way and all will be well.
- Voice out your concerns: Even if your relationship is going strong, don't be hesitant to bring up your concerns. It's always better to talk about the tough stuff sooner rather than later if you want to keep going strong.
- Say the golden words: For some people the golden words are ‘Please, thank you, and sorry', for others it's ‘Be mine forever'. Whatever it may be for you, say it!