6 Easy Homemade Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Knees And Ankles
Are your dark knees and ankles stopping you from showing off your otherwise amazing legs? Don't let them stop you anymore! Dark knees and ankles are very common and occur because there are no oil glands around these areas and hence the skin becomes drier. It is also a result of the dead skin cells. The area around your knees and ankles is much thicker than the rest of your body and has a lot of folds. It either turns dark when you start neglecting hygiene and moisturizing or it could be because you are used to sitting on the floor.
TBD gives you some simple homemade remedies that can help you get rid of these dark areas.
Lemon contains bleaching properties and the citrus can help you in getting rid of the dark skin. However, lemon tends to dry your skin even more; so, before you use lemon, moisturize your skin with pure petroleum jelly or Vaseline the night before.
It is advised to use lemon with different ingredients to enhance as well as neutralize its effects; however, it can also be used as the only ingredient.
- Fresh lemon juice, olive oil and salt: Take 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and mix it with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and half teaspoon of sea or table salt. Apply this mixture once a day and leave it for 20 minutes. Do not rinse the areas; use a paper towel to wipe the residue.
- Cut a lemon in to two halves and squeeze the juice out. Rub the juice to the affected areas and let it sit for 5-6 minutes. Use a paper towel to get rid of the pulp. Avoid exposing your skin to sunlight after applying the juice.
Coconut oil can either be used as the only agent or can be mixed with other ingredients.
- Apply coconut oil on the affected areas and massage it for a minute or two. Repeat this process several times a day; this will help you get rid of the dryness around the knees and ankles.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Let the mixture sit for 15-20 minutes and then wipe it off with a paper towel.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of coconut oil with walnut powder and use the mixture as a scrub to get rid of the dark skin.
Mix sugar and olive oil in equal amounts. Use the thick paste to exfoliate the skin around the affected areas. Massage it for around 5-7 minutes and then wash it with water, use a mild soap if necessary. Repeat this process on a weekly basis till you see results.
Aloe vera sure has a lot of uses and it is that one plant which is easily available. All you have to do is break open a leaf and extract the gel. Apply the pure aloe gel on the affected areas and let it sit for 15 minutes. Use warm water to wash the gel off. Repeat this process once or twice daily, according to your convenience.
Also Read: Beauty benefits of lemons
Mix ½ teaspoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of milk, apply this mixture on your dark knees and ankles as a scrub and then massage it for 5-7 minutes. Wash it properly with water. Repeat this process twice a week for best results.
Oatmeal, just like baking soda, acts as a natural scrub. Use 2 tablespoons of powdered oatmeal with 2 teaspoons of fresh cream or honey. Gently massage this paste on and around the affected areas for 9-10 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
These tricks should do the work for you. After you start seeing results, you can work that short skirt like a diva! Do let us know which trick worked the best for you.