8 Signs That Prove You're In A One-Sided Relationship
A couple that looks all happy and perfect from the outside may actually be in a one-sided relationship! In fact, almost everybody of us will be able to relate to it since we all have been in this messy situation at least once in our lives.
However, the sad part is that when you are in the middle of this mess, you never seem to realize it. You tend to justify your partner's indifferent behaviour by making excuses to yourself. But no more of that! We list 8 tell-tale signs which prove that you're in a one-sided relationship. Keep counting how many of them do you identify with.
- Are you the one who is always initiating conversations and making plans ‘coz he's just not interested enough? Do you guys refuse to exchange a single word if you say no to making a call? If that calls for a nod, you might have to rethink your relationship.
- We understand that some people are unable to express love as seamlessly as their partners. However, if all your adorable gestures and ‘I Love You' go unnoticed and unacknowledged, where is this heading?
- If he no longer makes an effort to notice how you're looking and compliment you, you might be in a one-sided relationship. Yes, the honeymoon phase might have passed but love shouldn't vanish!
- Nobody is always busy! So, if your plans are always being cancelled, thanks to your partner's extended work meetings and boys' night out, sorry but your relationship isn't healthy.
Also Read: How To Deal With A Sexless Relationship
- He has no interest whatsoever in your problems, successes, failures, happiness, and sorrows. For him, you are just a person whom he is meant to speak to on a regular basis.
- Whenever you make an attempt to speak about a relationship issue, he chooses to ignore the matter with a hand wave or an eye roll. So at the end, you're left to either solving it by your own or learning to live with it.
- If you are the only memory bank of your relationship history, there might be things that you need to consider before going ahead. The landmarks of your relationship should be significant for the both of you.
- Lastly, you're constantly stressed out about an impending breakup, thanks to an unpredictable and indifferent partner. A happy relationship is definitely not one where you're walking on eggshells.
If you had been waiting to break all ties with that unworthy partner of yours, here's that push!