9 Rules To Maintain A Healthy Friendship With Your Ex
The first thing you want to do after a breakup is to block everything from your life that's even remotely related your ex! Seems logical enough? But what if you belong to the same group of friends and there's no way you're gonna give them all up for a failed relationship? How do you strike a balance between the past and the present? How do you keep the sexual tension, jealousy, and longing out of the way? Here's how!
- Firstly, don't doubt the reasons which made you break up. If you approach your friendship with the thought that you could possibly get back together, you're bound to get all those emotions in your way.
- You will have the urge to turn the simplest of small talks mean when you're with your ex. But hold on! After a point, you need to keep all that emotional vomit to yourself and not show them how bitter a mess you are.
- There are people who have enjoyed their ex's wedding to the core. So, overcoming the jealousy is possible! It may be tough initially, but an easy way to watch them love again is by dating someone yourself!
- You're not allowed to be upset with them for every little thing ‘coz you're no longer dating. So, don't be nasty if he doesn't reply or chooses his family over an outing.
Also Read: How To Get Over A Breakup – TBD Tells You
- You may want your ex-flame to get ditched by his current, but that's not what friends are for! Stay true to yourself and learn to be happy for them. If you can't bring yourself to do that, be indifferent to whatever's happening in their life.
- Take the help of your group to maintain a cordial relation with your ex. Hang out just in groups so you don't need to face them one-on-one. Plus, drinking up in bars together won't help much in keeping things stress-free.
- Leave things of the past behind! Don't pick on fights with your ex just ‘coz they're similar to the ones that happened when you guys were together. Rehashing the not-so-beautiful is only gonna make things uglier.
- Establish a boundary list – the first of which should say that you're not gonna make out when drunk! This is the ideal way to not misunderstand their caring smile for an endeavour to get back together.
- The key to social media is to unfollow, not unfriend! All we mean is just keep all their posts away from your news feed so that when you meet them in person, you don't make it too obvious that you've been stalking them every waking minute!
Falling out of love with someone doesn't mean that you draw out your swords. That's of course if you haven't been cruelly cheated upon!