A Must-know: Eye Inflammation And Its Cures
Your eyes are probably one of the most delicate parts of your body and one of the most tortured as well. Right from dust and pollution to the harmful rays of the sun, our eyes bear it all. Sometimes, it's all too much to take for your peepers and that's when inflammation strikes them. We realized that probably many people are not too familiar with the causes, symptoms and cures of eye inflammation. It's time we pass on the information to you because home remedies is what comes to your mind at the spur of the moment.
Also Read: How to take care of your eyes
What Is Eye Inflammation?
When your delicate eyes come in contact with an injurious substance or an event that harms the eye, that's when eye inflammation occurs.
What Are The Causes?
There are a number of things that can lead to eye inflammation such as:
- dust and dirt
- allergic reaction
- prolonged viewing of a computer or television screen
- improper positioning of contact lens
- eye surgery
- eye injury
- overuse of eye drops
- usage of expired cosmetics
Also Read: 5 Ways How You Can Combat Watery Eyes
What Are The Symptoms?
Itchiness, persistent irritation and redness are the common symptoms of eye inflammation. Pain in the eye socket along with constant watering and blurriness makes matters worse. A severe case of inflammation would mean a bloodshot red eye that is extremely photosensitive (sensitive to light) and cannot be opened.
What Are The Remedies?
These easy home remedies will provide instant relief to your troubled eyes.
- Allow a used teabag to cool and then place it on swollen eyes for about 30 minutes.
- If infection is the reason behind the inflammation, use cotton to apply boiled salt water to your eyes.
- A cucumber will instantly cool a distressed eye. Place a fresh piece of cucumber on your closed eyelid and relax.
- Slice a peeled apple to make pulp. Close your eyes and apply the pulp over your eyelids. Let it soothe your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Grate a potato and hold it against inflamed eyes.
- Use mashed ripe papaya to treat troubled eyes by applying it over closed eyelids.
Refrain from touching your eyes too often in case of eye inflammation. Wash your hands and your eyes repeatedly. Also, wash your pillow covers, bed linen and towels in hot water to nullify the chances of worsening your eye irritation. Stay away from contact lenses to avoid any other complications.
Now that you know all about eye inflammation, be alert to the above mentioned symptoms and act fast. Use these home remedies for immediate relief and visit a doctor before the situation worsens. Take care of your peepers, people :)