An Introduction To The World Of Face Baking
What was that old adage about cutting a cake and eating it too? Well, we have a new take on all of this cake business. Today, let's show you how you can bake cakes and your face too! Don't be alarmed, the beauty one doesn't focus on grease or calories. On the other hand, face baking can help you eliminate creases and appear flawless as you pose for the shutterbugs or even your front camera!
What Face Baking Is
Face Baking is a technique used by makeup artists and beauty experts. It uses loose, translucent powder on top of concealer. It is used in any area which is prone to creasing, such as your under-eyes, jawline, and chin. After applying the powder, you have to wait for 5-10 minutes as the body's natural heat helps in its absorption. Post this, you use a brush to dust off the powder and voila! Hello, line-free, pore-less, photo-ready face!
- Apply your moisturizer and foundation as usual
- In the under-eye area, apply eye cream to enhance its plumpness
- Apply heavy-duty, opaque concealer in your under-eye area. Gently, blend it using a sponge or your beauty blender.
- Now it is time to bake!
- Take a generous amount of translucent, loose powder onto a damp brush or sponge and dab in on top of the concealed area(s)
- Do not blend it; the powdered area should be evidently so, and heavily done
- Let your body's heat naturally fill in the pores and fine creases
- You can use these 5-10 minutes to apply lipstick and go about your other makeup routines
- After 10 minutes, using a wide brush or blush brush, flick off the powder with gentle sweeping motions
- Your face will now have a soft highlighted look, minus any blemishes or lines!
Hello, Face Baking, bye-bye creases and fine lines!
Image Source: www.xovain.com