Are You Aware Of The Foods And Beverages That De-Stress?
Are you in the middle of a hectic, stressful day? Can't even spare the time to listen to a relaxing track or have a much-needed phone conversation with your favourite person? Do you feel bogged down by all that's happening around you or with you? This so happens with everyone! It's called "stress"! Sounds familiar, right?
Not to worry; there are foods that can actually de-stress you and provide that necessary boost of energy? You can happily munch on these foods while sitting at your work desk! And guess what, our list also features a number of healthy beverages that you can sip on and feel the tension easing out!
- A powerhouse of Vitamin C, oranges have the cool quality of being super portable! So, you can easily carry them in your handbag for that ideal 5 o' clock snack.
- A regular intake of dried fruits has proved to be an excellent source of acids that prevent memory loss. Plus, what's better than munching on a handful of roasted cashews, almonds, and walnuts in between meals?
- Mushrooms aid weight loss, is an anti-aging food, and also calms the mind! Need any more reason to toss an extra handful of mushrooms to your salads, soups, and pizzas?
- Bananas are an obvious happy food because it lowers the blood pressure effectively. Munch a banana when you feel the pressure building on you.
- Whoever has instructed you to eat your greens has always been right! Prepare a quick smoothie or a salad and let it de-stress you.
- Fresh, raw carrots are a great source of antioxidants and vitamins. No wonder, Bugs Bunny was such a happy character! :)
- Good news for all the dark chocolate lovers! Now you can justify your bar of chocolate by citing it as a de-stressor.
- A glass of hot chocolate or hot milk triggers the release of mood-boosting serotonins. And as we know, warm drinks raise our temperature, making us feeling comfortable.
- Skip the cup of coffee and opt for black tea or green tea instead. These healthy drinks are known to lower the levels of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- A simple glass of cold water stimulates the endorphins that de-stress the body. It also reduces the release of tension-producing beta waves!
So, the next time you feel the stress levels of your body rising, you know what to fill your plate with!