Best DIY Homemade Face Washes For All Skin Types
Getting your hands on your trusted bottle of face wash after a long and tiring day is happiness! There's nothing better than washing off the dirt and perspiration before hitting off the bed. But my love for all things organic got me working on some effective homemade face washes. Well, of course what better than treating your delicate skin to some natural nourishment, while saving a few bucks? ;)
Read along to find out about my favourite, chemical-free DIY homemade face washes for all skin types.
P. S. – These face washes are not the regular kinds that you use as soap. Apply them like a pack all over your face and keep it on for at least 5 minutes before rinsing off.
For Dry Skin
- Curd and honey team up to form one of the best face washes for dry skin. Two spoons of curd and one spoon of honey is all you need.
- Combine a large egg yolk with a spoon of honey and you have an effective everyday use face wash.
- Add a spoon of lemon juice, a spoon of olive oil and a spoon of cream to one mashed apple. Trust this mixture to wash away all the impurities of your face.
For Oily Skin
- Apply an even layer of yoghurt all over your face and relax. As a matter of fact, yoghurt also doubles up as an effective makeup cleanser.
- Milk, when combined with honey, acquires cleansing properties. Mix one spoon of honey with two spoons of raw milk for purified skin.
- Pineapple has numerous benefits apart from just being delicious. Mix two spoons of pineapple juice, two spoons of lemon juice and a little baking soda to form a thick paste.
For Combination Skin
- Our grandmothers didn't swear by besan or gram flour for no reason. Add milk, curd or malai (cream) to besan to form a thick paste and say hello to clear skin.
- Two spoons of tomato pulp, one spoon of milk and one spoon of honey is what you need for supple skin. Oh and by the way, did you know that tomato shows exemplary results when used to lighten skin pigmentation?
- Massage a mixture of olive oil and vinegar; this is super helpful in killing bacteria.
Now that you know about the best homemade face washes for your skin type, move over buying the readymade ones at the supermarket and create one at home instead.