Beware! An Arranged Marriage Comes Along With These Problems
When B-town heartthrob Shahid Kapoor broke hearts and tied the knot with Mira Rajput in a typical arranged marriage, everybody seemed to have an opinion about it. ‘Coz after all, life isn't a Barjatya film where things always turn rosy in the end.
The debate between a love marriage and an arranged marriage is a never-ending one and we're not here to take sides. All we're gonna do today is elaborate on the numerous problems that a couple should be prepared for once the big, fat shaadi is over.
Also Read: 10 Incredible Secrets To A Happy Marriage
- Firstly, you cannot expect a person to be their real self at an unwanted gathering where the two fams meet. Plus, the fact that 10 prying eyes are having a good look at how you look and speak doesn't help. Meeting with the sole purpose of impressing to get married doesn't make sense ‘coz your prospective partner will be at their best behaviour. As a result, you see what they make you see! You'll get to know about their vices only behind closed doors, but that'll be too late!
- An arranged setting becomes difficult for the girl if both the families have no match when it comes to the cultural, social, and financial backgrounds. You might be brought up by open-minded parents but you won't realise that you've stepped into an orthodox family before it's too late. Plus, life-after-love-marriage is a two-player game whereas life-after-arranged-marriage sees only the bride struggling to meet never-ending expectations.
- In an arranged marriage, what the oh-so-liberal society has to say plays a very integral part. While love marriages are more intimate and warm, an arranged marriage is all about the beauty of the bride or the wealth of the groom. In an attempt to conforming to unnecessary social norms, the essence of the marriage is lost.
- A love marriage calls for a higher sense of commitment than an arranged marriage, which is why an arranged couple may face problems later on in life. Both the families have too many expectations from the newly-wed couple which constantly keeps them under the pressure of making things work.
- Thanks to a rushed and awkward getting-to-know process, you guys never got a compatibility check pre-marriage. You two may be fabulous people individually, but are you the right pieces of the puzzle? Can you fight, love, irritate, cry, and laugh with each other for a lifetime? It might be too late by the time life gives you the answers!
- What happens if you want to split ways in spite of trying your best to make your marriage a success? You have to go through the entire process of ‘log kya kahenge', ‘ab kya ho gaya', and ‘adjust karna padta hai'. And if by chance you happen to win this holy way, getting divorced will feel like you brought shame to your entire clan of predecessors!
Also Read: Do You Think You Are In A Loveless Marriage?
Ready for that kind of an ordeal?