Common Bra Mistakes That Every Girl Should Avoid
We women tend to look after our expensive clothes and accessories like our babies, but forget the most essential element in every ensemble, a bra! We are very particular about the way our body looks in those little dresses and fitted tees, but seldom do we give importance to the fact that most of it depends on the way our breasts look! Buying and looking after these pretty, strappy pieces of clothing is quite a tricky task. Hence we come to your rescue with the common bra mistakes and how to avoid them. Read along.
- First and foremost, know your sizes before going bra shopping. Don't err on your band size and end up buying something too big which fails the primary purpose of wearing a bra altogether. Don't go for something small resulting in the formation of a back cleavage.
- Next up is the correct cup size. Make sure you wear the bra once before purchasing. Ensure the cups enclose your breasts completely and no bumps are formed on the sides. Most women do not care for the cup size once the band fits them and end up making a huge disaster.
- Pay some heed to your body contour and buy a bra accordingly. Don't just concentrate on your breasts but also observe how your body looks in it. Also, avoid being fascinated by brand names because even the priciest bra is useless if it doesn't sit perfectly on you.
- Opt for a bra according to your outfit. Wear a seamless bra under a body hugging tee or dress. Go for a half cup bra when you decide on showing some cleavage. Go for a backless bra when you pick out a halter or tube top. Though showing the straps of your bra is the latest trend, you should not be doing it in every possible chance. You don't want your straps to play peek-a-boo during a professional meeting! Ensure that you match the colour of your bra with your sheer outfit.
- One common bra mistake committed by every woman is hanging on to their old bras! Check the fitting of your bras every six months and discard the ones that don't look good on you anymore. Yes, the lot might include your favourite one, but get rid of the attachment and make place for new ones. Throw away the ones whose straps have become loose, even though the cup fits. This is especially important for women going through pregnancy or weight loss.
- Lace and satins might be exciting for those special evenings, but think about comfort too when it comes to regular use bras. Choose a cotton bra and let your skin breathe because you'll be opening that only after the entire day. If you're in the habit of wearing underwire bras, make sure the wire doesn't poke and make you uncomfortable. Don't fasten bras on their innermost hooks because you don't want those awful marks under your breasts after a tiring day. Also go bra-less before you sleep. Your delicate breasts also like to breathe.
- Avoid wearing the same bra for two continuous days to let the elastic regain its strength. Take good care of your delicates when it comes to washing them. Always hook the bra clasps before washing them so that they do not get tangled with other items. Do not soak bras and don't mix white and coloured ones. Avoid putting them in a machine and try hand washing them with soap and cold water. Rinse them and hang them on a clothesline by their strap. Maintain a separate lingerie drawer to keep your bras organized. Rotate your bras and clean them more often for obvious hygiene reasons.
Overlooking these common bra mistakes not only spoils your outfit but also could also cause health problems for your tender breasts. Bra care is not just important from the aspect of style but it also determines the shape of your breasts in the long run.