Complete Maintenance Guide Of Chemically Treated Hair
Nowadays, you hardly find women with hair that's all natural. Rebonding, smoothening, straightening, perming, or colouring – the variety of chemical hair treatments has no end. But no matter how big a fan you are of these treatments, there's no denying that chemically treated hair needs much more care that natural hair.
Let's have a look at hair care tips that you need to follow if you have locks that have been chemically treated.
- Firstly, you gotta select the right maintenance products. You're not doing your tresses a favour by using the bottle of shampoo and conditioner from your pre-treatment period in your post-treatment period. Invest in products that have been specially designed to care for chemically treated hair.
- Chemically treated hair is most prone to dehydration, so avoid over-washing it. Plus, never skip the conditioner as it would mean depriving your already-dry tresses from the much-needed moisture.
- Every strand of chemically treated hair is probably screaming ‘Handle With Care'! So, avoid being harsh to your tresses, especially when they're dry and fragile.
Also Read: Keratin Hair Treatment – Is It Really Safe?
- Another major problem with chemically treated hair is that it develops split ends very easily. We'd advise you to get your hair trimmed regularly.
- You should ideally be breaking up with heat-styling products, but if that's too much for you, at least swear by a protective product first.
- Protect your hair from the sun and pollution. Period!
- Whoever said that chemical treatments are a one-time expenditure was wrong! Maintaining your pricey hair will now include regular hair spas and deep-nourishing treatments.
- Please, please, please refrain from putting your hair through two chemical treatments in a span of one year. Listen to your stylist and hold onto your patience until it's safe to get your straightened hair coloured.
Have any more queries about hair care? Head on to our Request Box and drop in your request.