Ditch The Regular Green Tea For The Superlative Matcha Green Tea
While green tea is the latest revolutionary product when it comes to the fitness world, the Japanese believe that the matcha green tea is one of the best varieties available today. Made from the nutrient-rich leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, matcha tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being ground into powder. It is then stored away from light and oxygen in order to preserve its brilliant green colour.
More and more people are ditching their regular varieties of tea and coffee for matcha. If you want to know why, read on.
- Antioxidants are what we seek from foods in order to maintain the overall health of our body. But you know what, one cup of matcha provides you with over 5 times the antioxidants that any other food boasts of! Now that's something to look out for.
- Matcha leaves contain amino acids that promote the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation. This higher state of consciousness, along with better memory power and concentration, is one of the main reasons why people all over the world are switching over to this healthy beverage.
- According to ancient Japanese folklore, the tea's energizing properties were the reason behind warriors swearing by it before a battle. People vouch for the fact that matcha leads to an energy boost which lasts for around 6 hours!
- This beverage increases the metabolism rate and speeds up the fat-burning process without any side-effects. This ultimately leads to a faster and more productive weight loss journey.
- A powerhouse of potassium, vitamins A & C, iron, protein, and calcium, a cup of matcha tea also fortifies the immunity system.
- Matcha is also a very powerful detoxifier and works wonders in removing chemical toxins from the body. Plus, the chlorophyll present in the leaves increases the effectiveness of the cleaning process of the body.
Heading grocery shopping already? Same pinch! ;)