Does Working Out Increase Your Libido? TBD Tells You!
A lot of us want to have a healthy sex life, right? Without some intimacy levels, life can be a real frustrating ride. So, we're all down to one question here – what exactly increases a person's sex drive? People claim that working out regularly can actually get your desires pumping to amazing heights. Well, to know about this, you've got to be regularly working out, right? Regular exercise means a healthy body, and may also mean better libido! So, does working out actually affect your drive? After various surveys and studies conducted, here's all we know about it!
- Multiple surveys on this topic have results stating that both men and women, between the ages of 20-50, have noticed an increase in their sex drive after their workout sessions. These surveys were conducted on people who work out regularly.
- Exercise releases certain endorphins in the body, which cause the release of hormones, which in turn cause a spike in a person's sexual drive.
- Exercising regularly also enhances your self-image, making you believe that you're increasingly attractive.
- High-intensity activities increase the blood flow throughout the body, even the genitals, thereby making you feel sexually active.
- Exercise increases the secretion of endorphins and testosterone levels in both men and women.
- Researchers have also noticed that individuals, who work out together, especially during weight and cardio exercises, will notice a greater boost in their sex drives.
- A 2012 study conducted on women found out that over 40% of them had experienced exercise-induced orgasms, without engaging in any kind of sexual activity.
- Exercise-induced orgasms are typically experienced by women while performing exercises like crunches, biking, rope climbing, and also weightlifting.
- Apart from high-intensity activities, even low-intensity activities like yoga or tai chi can do wonders when it comes to increasing that sex drive.
Well, it looks like working out actually increases your libido! So, what are you waiting for? Hit your nearest gym and let the process begin! Till then, ciao!