Effective Tips On How To Feel Better During Your Period
Okay, so it's that time of the month and you've already been dreading it since the past week due to all the additional workload this month. Your friends and family no longer bother about your sudden bickering because they probably guess the correct reason every time. You're pissed off with the cranky behavior that accompanies your menstrual cycle. No worries! The Brunette Diaries brings you some remedies which will help you feel better during your period.
- Take more than one bath a day. A warm bath not only soothes you during those painful days but also ensures that your genitals are clean. What better way to pamper yourself in a busy schedule than taking a bath!
- If you suffer from mild menstrual cramps or body aches very often, always keep some pills along with you. Do consider visiting a doctor if your cramps are very prevalent and painful.
- If it's a weekday, ensure that you take it easy at work. Ditch the fitted pencil skirt for comfortable formal trousers or a pretty salwar-kameez. Be engrossed in work and you won't even realize how the day came to an end.
- Pull on your favourite pair of sweats and a baggy tee if you're not in the mood to step out. Call your friends over or just laze around with your pet all day. There's nothing better than doing nothing at times.
- Indulge in healthy eating habits when you're PMSing. Drink plenty of water and eat more frequently.
Get your dose of vitamins because they help your prevent skin break-outs before and during your period.
- Play your favourite outdoor game or just take a walk around your colony. Our body needs its share of physical activity during menstruation. Rise early on one of the days and meditate; it refreshes your body and leaves you feeling fitter than before.
- Wear cute underwear, and here I'm not talking about the pair of lacy thongs you bought last week! Wear comfortable, cotton underwear which probably has your favourite cartoon characters printed on them because you're sure to feel good each time you have a look at them.
We all tend to feel so much tired during our period; so, don't deny yourself some extra sleep if you feel like it. Do things that instantly make you happier – reading a new book, whipping up a chocolate cake or dressing up for a shopping spree. And keep reciting the mantra: it will all be over soon! Happy PMSing! :)
Also Read: Reasons For Irregular Periods That All Women Should Know Of