Extend The Life Of Your Beauty Products & Delay Their Expiry
Which girl is not in love with her makeup and beauty products? Those expensive little bottles and brushes play such an important role in our lives ;)
But honestly speaking, how often do we take note of the expiry date of such a product? The cardinal rule of wearing makeup is that we need to toss it out after it expires, irrespective of how much we love it! So, today we will reinforce the importance of beauty products and their expiry. Oh and yes... stay put till the end because there's gonna be so much more to this article :)
Some Basic Pointers
- The general shelf-life of a beauty or makeup product is around 3-24 months.
- However, play smart and do not just go by the tiny trademark line printed somewhere on the packaging. More than often, it's seen that a product that claims to be safe to use for 6 months, actually has a life of just 3-4 months. So, be aware of the texture and smell of the product; discard it if you notice any weird changes in the formula. Do not take the risk of using it; you may be doing more harm than good to your skin.
- Using expired products can cause skin irritations, acne breakouts, eye infections or any long-term problems. So beware!
Product Care Tips
Caring for your expensive products in the correct way will ultimately help you to use them for their complete life-span.
- Close the lid of a product after you use it.
- Don't leave them in the sun, as direct sunlight results in the growth of bacteria.
- Store it in a cool place. Contrary to popular belief, a ‘cool' place does not mean a refrigerator!
- Don't share your kohl pencils, eyeliners, and mascaras with others.
- Make sure that you're using clean hands if you need to scoop out a product from the container.
- We have been repeating this time and again – clean your makeup brushes at regular intervals.
Alternative Uses Of Expired Products
Many a time, we end up buying a product which we totally forget about, or which does not suit our skin or which came in a huge bottle. Either way, its expiry is close-by but we don't want to let it go! :(
Worry not; here are some smart ways to use products that can no longer be used on your skin.
- Use your cleansers to clean makeup brushes or wash away makeup stains on your clothes. Smart!
- Use your moisturizers to add some shine to your unused leather bags, leather shoes, and leather belts. However, don't use expired whitening creams because they can change the colour of your bags and shoes.
Also Read: 15 Interesting Methods To Reuse Old Sarees
Weren't you amazed at so many new facts about beauty products and their expiry? Yes, you can thank us later :)
Tips & Image Source:
Asian Beauty Secrets