Follow These 11 Fashion Resolutions In 2017 To Elevate Your Style
I'm sure women like me would kickstart 2017 with the hopes of taking our fashion game higher. But how exactly do you do that? By overstuffing your wardrobe till it can hold no longer? Or by giving in to the urge of investing in the costliest of brands? The answer is NO!
You evolve your style by following TBD's ultimate list of fashion resolutions for 2017. Bookmark it already!
- Remember those statement jewellery pieces you promised you'd wear but are still lying in some inaccessible part of your closet? Yeah, those! Get around to finally wearing them.
- We know you'll never got enough of your blacks and whites, but can we just make life a little colourful here, please? Better still, colour-block baby! It's the hottest trend these days.
- With all that jazz about the athleisure trend, you probably must already have an entire shelf of sneakers and trainers. But those who haven't started yet, you still have time! Shoes are everywhere and they're never gonna go out of fashion, so go pick the sassiest ones.
- Pantone suggests that 2017 will be all about greens. So, you get the drift, right? Head here if you need more insight into the Colour of the Year!
- Aren't you bored of your totes ‘coz we have already switched over to mini sling bags! 2017 is the time to give some respite to your beloved everyday tote, choose just a handful of essentials, and stick to a pretty mini bag. Your shoulder's gonna thank you!
- Remember the wardrobe basic of investing in a few quality pieces and pairing them up with chunky street wear. This is the mantra to look fabulous without spending a bomb on clothes! We suggest you to use the 80/20 rule. Keep aside 80% of your shopping budget for foundation pieces and the rest 20% for add-ons.
- Hello, impulsive shoppers! Time to mend your ways, isn't it? Make 2017 a year of responsible buys, saved bucks, and a killer closet.
- Smile away at all those who lecture about illogical fashion ‘rules' and break the stereotypes in style! Wear heels even if you're tall, wear bright colours even if you're curvy, and invest in that dress if it makes you feel good about yourself :)
- This should have been a resolution for 2016 as well but if you haven't been able to keep it, here's another chance. Make it a habit to plan your next day's outfit before you doze off each night. Trust us... it saves a hell lot of time before rushing out in the morning!
- Women, undergarments are important! It makes no sense to wear a tattered bra under a killer branded LBD. Give your underwear pieces their due and build the foundation of your look right.
- Lastly, a closet-cleanse session is therapeutic and the New Year is the best time to give your wardrobe a makeover! Sell off the pieces that you haven't worn for more than a year. Plus, isn't it great when your closet gives you cash-back facility ‘coz otherwise how will you make place for your 2017 buys :)
Enough of fashion lessons for today! Before I sign off, Happy New Year, folks :)