Greasy Hair Solutions For When You're Too Lazy To Shampoo
I'm a girl who loves her sleep more than anything else in the world, even if that translates to foregoing a good hair day. You usually won't see me waking up early on a weekday, just to shampoo my hair! Puh-lease!
The result – I'm left with greasy, unwashed hair on such days. But then, a woman must know the genius greasy hair solutions that can save her on such days. What? You're clueless? Don't worry; that's why I'm here.
Also Read: Style Tips And Tricks To Wear Unwashed Hair
Keep reading because I'm about to list down excellent ways to make greasy hair look perfect. Now you don't wanna miss this one, do you?
Get Rid Of The Grease
- Discovered dry shampoo yet? This wonder bottle is perfect for days when your hair is screaming for a wash but you're just not in the mood. Just rub some of this on your scalp, and the oiliness just vanishes! Try it to believe it.
- We know you love your blow dryer, but you'll love it all the more after using it on greasy hair. Just blow-dry your oily locks and you'll look pretty much like you've just stepped out of the shower. Cool?
- Your scalp and hair roots are the ideal places for dirt and product to build up. So, tie the length of your hair and just wash the crown area in the sink. Blow-dry your locks and there... nobody would know that it's a sink job, not a shower job ;)
- Bring out the bottle of baby powder and rub some of it onto your scalp and in between the hair partings. The powder will magically soak up the grease and your problem is solved.
- Squeeze a few drops of hand sanitizer on your palm and massage it onto your roots. The alcohol present in it will break down the oils. Now you know why you should always be carrying that little bottle in your handbag?
- When nothing else is at hand, spray a little of your perfume onto your scalp since this, too, has an alcohol content. However, don't use this tip too often.
Camouflage Greasy Hair
- Bad hair days = headband days! Wide headbands are in vogue, so make the most of them to cover up an oily scalp.
- Braids are a boon for greasy hair because just-washed hair leads to irritating flyaways. Bring out your feminine side with a tight French braid.
- Buns are a smart way to hide greasy hair. Gather all your hair and tie it in a top-knot bun or a messy chignon.
- Come up with a slick ponytail on such days; you'll also save up on a reasonable amount of hair-spray ;)
- A crown hairdo is a great way to underplay your flaws while flaunting the good things. Leave the lengthof your hair open and tuck away the oily hair with a strategically placed hair clip.
- If it's a sunny day and you're out on a casual day with friends, bring out a chic hat. You could also consider wearing your sunglasses on your head.
Bonus Tip: Refrain from touching, brushing or playing with greasy hair. Let your locks fall naturally.
Managing oily hair is tough, but these greasy hair solutions will save your day... because every woman deserves to live by one rule: Sleep more, shampoo less ;)