Hacks That Will Make Matte Lipsticks Your Everyday Favourite
Show me one woman who doesn't crush over every matte lip shade! Being a no-makeup lover, I stepped into the world of lipsticks a few months ago and now I can't live without my mattes :)
However, even the likes of Kylie Jenner won't be able to deny that matte lipsticks dry our lips real bad. Though they look dead gorgeous but wearing them for hours at a stretch can be quite a challenge. But no more worries! These hacks will make you embrace your mattes like never before :)
- If you're a regular matte user, you will relate to how the colour settles in the cracks of your lips after a few hours. For a smooth finish that lasts all-day long, try your hand at lip exfoliation. Gently scrubbing your pouters every alternate day will help you get rid of the dead skin.
- To keep the moisture level of your lips intact, start with a thin layer of hydrating lip balm. This ensures that your pout doesn't get flaky with time.
- No matter how much you love your brushes, apply matte lipsticks directly. Messing around with a brush will make it look uneven and the gloss-less effect of matte lipsticks magnifies every mistake. So, ditch the brush for creaseless application.
- Save yourself time and effort by reversing the order of application of your liner and colour. Line your lipstick with a matching lip liner to avoid wasting time in any corrections.
- I know that terrible feeling when a lipstick-removal-war awaits me at the end of the day! If you resonate with me, heave a sigh of relief. Hug your bottle of coconut oil or baby oil ‘coz that's all you need to swipe away your matte lipcolour in seconds. Bye-bye, makeup removers :)
- When investing in matte lipsticks, go for ones that promise all-day long colour. This will keep the reapplications at bay ‘coz an added layer of discomforting matte lipstick will do your lips no good. So, swear by one that stays on point even as the day ends.
- This one is something that I swear by! Let your pouters heal at night by applying a layer of coconut oil or your night cream if you want to flaunt matte the next morning.
Still not bookmarked these life-changing matte lipstick hacks?
Also Read: 7 Everyday Lipstick Hacks You Need To Know!