Health Benefits Of Coconut Oil, The Ultimate Superfood!
We've all heard about the benefits of coconut oil from our elders as we have grown up. Most of them were centered towards hair growth, but there's much more to coconut oil than that! It is one of the most stable and healthiest forms of plant-based fat, and also has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which make it the ultimate superfood! Here are a few reasons why you should switch to coconut oil ASAP!
- Coconut oil prevents heart disease and high blood pressure. It is high in natural saturated fats, which increase healthy cholesterol and aid in converting the bad cholesterol into good ones.
- Say goodbye to urinary tract and kidney infections, as coconut oil helps in cleansing the excretory system. It also kills the bad bacteria present in the system.
- Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, thereby making it a strong weapon against free radicals in the body.
- It improves brain function, as it produces a secondary energy source in the body known as ketones, which act as a constant energy supply to the brain.
- Coconut oil aids in the production of testosterone in males and progesterone in females, thereby ensuring good sexual health.
- It improves your energy and endurance, as it is very easy to digest. Coconut oil is directly sent to the liver, where it is converted into pure energy for the body.
- The oil helps the body absorb fat-soluble vitamins, calcium and magnesium. If omega 3 fatty acids are consumed with coconut oil, they become twice as effective.
- Being a constant energy source, coconut oil helps in burning fat, increases the body's metabolism and ensures overall weight loss.
- Due to the high amount of antioxidants present, coconut oil is a good anti-aging agent. It reduces stress on the liver and lowers oxidative stress.
- Using coconut oil is good for your hormones as well! It naturally balances the body's hormones, as it is an amazing source of naturally occurring saturated fat and lauric acid.
With benefits like these, coconut oil should surely be a part of your diet! Know of any more benefits? Tell me in the comments below!
Also Read: Foods You Gotta Eat For Healthy Teeth