Home Remedies To Get Rid Of White Patches On Your Skin
White patches or white spots on your skin can prove to be a real obstruction between you and flawless skin! The medical term for white skin patches is Vitiligo and in simple terms, it's the improper functioning of skin cells resulting in a loss of melanin. Since most of us are not quite familiar with the disorder, we bring you some of the best solutions to get rid of white patches on your skin.
Also Read: A Must-know: Eye Inflammation And Its Cures
- Make a paste of turmeric (haldi) powder and a few drops of mustard oil. Apply this paste to the white patches on your skin and let it be for some time before rinsing off. You could also use crushed neem leaves and a little water as an alternative to mustard oil. Do this twice daily until your white spots disappear.
- Wash the affected area with water and pat dry. Spread raw honey evenly over the white patches. Your skin will take around 20 minutes to absorb the honey. Wash it off with lukewarm water after that.
- Cut a piece of ginger and rub its raw juice over the white patches. You could drink a mixture of ginger juice, lemon juice and water twice a day to get rid of white patches.
- Boil cabbage leaves in water for 15 minutes, strain the water and use it to wash the affected area. You could also make a few holes in a cabbage leaf and place it over the white patch.
- Pour some water in a copper vessel and leave it overnight. Drink the water the first thing the next morning. Copper ions stimulate the production of melanin in the body, subsequently reducing the intensity of white patches on the skin.
- Green tea extracts and aloe vera gel too work great in removing white patches from skin.
- Avoid the harmful rays of the sun as much as possible. Do not step out during daytime without applying a protective layer of sunscreen.
- Be very careful in choosing products for your skin. Anything that contains chemicals can make matters worse for your skin.
Be patient with these solutions because it's sure going to take time. Don't stop using these remedies once the white patches stop disappearing at the surface level. Keep at it to make sure that those dreaded white spots don't return.