How To Dress To Hide Your Flaws
To do away with the New Year... If you never took fashion seriously, it's high time you did. Why, you ask? Well, it's simply because fashion doesn't need you, but you need it! Yes, you need fashion, we all do. For one, it can be your alter ego! If you still have no clue of what I'm talking about, I'll just say it – fashion can help us (not-so-pretty) souls look prettier!
Also read: Dress To Kill With These Fashion Tips!
There is only one small rule that this feature will teach you: Your wardrobe should only contain things that flatter you. Here are some tips on how to dress to hide your flaws:
Also read: How To Pick A Dress For A Pear-shaped Figure
- When it comes to choosing the right clothes, a woman needs to consider many things, but the most important aspect is her body shape.
- If you have large buttocks, hips and thighs, extensible fabrics are the best solution. Choose longer, high-waist clothes that cover all of your buttocks.
- Big bottoms also need contouring; so, play with colours! Stay away from bright colours for the bottom, darker colors are perfect if you want to look slimmer.
- Bottom-heavy women should also stay away from slim fit pants and trousers. Opt for comfortable ones that are slightly flared (only slightly, you don't want to be looking like Elvis!) at the bottom.
- Softer materials work great for hiding fat on your thighs.
- Wearing high heels and pointed toe shoes will tone down your calves and make you appear slimmer.
- On the other hand, if you have narrow hips, you need to create the illusion of roundness in that area. Try long or bohemian skirts, empire dresses and flared pants to achieve immediate results.
- Skirts and dresses with ruffles around the hips are perfect as they make the derriere look fuller and sexier, and add feminine curves to your figure.
Also read: How To Wear Denims With Plaid
- Sadly enough some of us aren't blessed with a good height. But fashion can help you cheat and appear much taller than you are. Stop cursing your short legs and choose high-waist pants and skirts. Pair your high-waist pants or wrap-around skirts with dainty high-heel stilettos and voila! Hello, long legs!
- Nature really prefers some women over others, but you can give it back in its face! Ladies with long legs and short torso can wear low-rise skirts and pants in order to lengthen the torso.
- You could wear short tops or crop tops to give your short torso some length.
- Short sleeves don't work for shorter torsos. Try three-quarter or long sleeves to lengthen the torso.
- If you have belly fat, pleats are your best friends. Wear tops and dresses that are clinched under the bust and flare beneath it.
- Balloon tops work for highly apple-shaped bellies but since they're a passé, you could choose flowy materials to hide your muffin.
- Big belly calls for high-waist jeans. Wearing shape-wear panties within your jeans will help flatten your tummy. Never opt for short tops as it will bring attention towards your ‘flaw'.
- Flabby arms can also make you look terrible (if you're revealing them, that is). All-out bell sleeves can easily hide your chicken wings and add an element of elegance to any outfit.
So now that you know how to camouflage your flaws using fashion, make a statement everywhere you go. Clothes need to not only look great but also make us feel great, so be confident and feel like a diva to look like one!