How To Make Your Girl Feel Better During Her Period
Yes, it sucks and even guys know that! A heavy period is a time when, honestly, you should not be expecting your girl to be all smiles. While most men do try to understand the hormonal imbalances that their girl goes through her period, some of them prepare to run for the hills and hibernate until their girl is ‘sane' once again. Though I don't entirely blame them but it does feel nice if your guy makes an attempt to lessen your discomfort during those days. So if you're one of those guys who wants to make a sincere effort but doesn't know where to start, here's your guide on how to make your girl feel better during her period.
- Keep a track of her menstrual cycle. For starters, a girl likes to see her guy making an effort to remember when her period is due.
- Steer clear of a conversation that includes terms like blood or mood swings. It's probably best to avoid the topic altogether and rather focus on the ways of shooing away her discomfort.
- Don't take any of the things said by her at heart. You know how gruesome those days and how rapidly her mood changes. Avoid getting into a tiff no matter how irrational she may sound; choose to stay quiet if she's hell bent on starting an argument. Well, you can always prove a point when she's clear of her period ;)
- Stock up on her favourite food and snacks beforehand because you probably have an idea of her cravings by now. You'll surely be rewarded with some bonus points later on (if you know what I mean).
- There's nothing like a hot water bottle or a massage when you're in pain. These things are of utmost importance if your partner is prone to menstrual cramps or back ache. Even a warm hug or an arm rub shows that you care and want to help.
- If it's a busy day for her at home, help her out with the household chores. She may be feeling terrible due to lack of rest and these simple things may mean a lot to her. Help her finish her work fast and relax as soon as possible.
- Do her favourite kind of things. Watch her favourite movie or play her favourite board game. Or just have her favourite music on a loop and cuddle her; it's all about showering her with all the much-needed care and attention.
- Try to not make any plans of your own during those days. Your girl works very hard doing all the multitasking during the rest of the month; the last thing she wants during her period is to be left all by herself. However, if it's something important which cannot be postponed, have one of her girlfriends keep her company when you're away at work. This way she won't feel lonely.
Also Read: Things to remember while having sex during periods
However, some girls want to be left alone when they are menstruating, so ensure beforehand that your thoughtful efforts are not adding to the crankiness of your PMSing girlfriend.
Win the Super-Partner-Of-The-Year-Award by caring for your girl during her stressful PMS days. Take the help of these ideas and make your girl feel better during her period. It's the least you can do for her :)