How To Not Gain Unwanted Weight During Pregnancy
While weight gain during pregnancy is inevitable, most women end up gaining unwanted fat that refuses to go post childbirth. A woman's journey to motherhood is life-changing; those nine months are crucial. Hence, it's all the more important to keep a check on the weight of a pregnant woman since the baby's health entirely depends on her health. We share some useful tips on how to not gain unwanted weight during pregnancy.
- First and foremost, ensure that your body weight is healthy when you begin your journey towards childbirth. Consult a fitness trainer and keep a check on your body mass right from the time you begin planning a baby.
- Eat frequent meals in moderate amounts. Most women take the help of a nutritionist to monitor the amount of nutrients that are required for the nourishment of the baby. Following a strict diet and eating pattern is one of the key ways to maintain your weight when you're pregnant.
- Drink as much water as you can; there's no such thing as too much water!
- Make your cravings constructive. Combine one of your not-so-healthy cravings with an healthy element and dig into it without any guilt ;)
- When you're pregnant, walking is your best friend. Begin with short periods of a steady walk every day; increase the time with the passing of each month. However, do not exhaust yourself.
- It is a myth that a woman needs to stop her workout regime when she expects a child. Barring activities like kickboxing and weightlifting, there are a number of safe exercises that help in keeping a soon-to-be mommy active and healthy.
- Lastly, keep a track of your daily calorie intake. This is a smart way to come back on track if you happen to lose way and gain weight.
- Contrary to what people say, you don't need to eat for two people; the foetus hardly needs any nutrition.
Do you have any other pregnancy tip that you want to share with the world? Feel free to comment below.