How To Prepone Or Postpone Your Period Naturally
We ladies have accepted menstruation as our own. Those five PMS days every month don't actually make a difference to us, after all these years. But it's highly stressful when your period date coincides with the dinner date that you had planned for or your best friend's destination wedding. Worse still, your wedding! Even if you keep all those logic-less menstruation norms aside, worrying about a probable stain on your expensive lehenga or saying no to dance in the baraat is not quite an exciting option. You so wanna prepone or postpone your period but you're aware of the toll those pills can take on your body. We, at The Brunette Diaries, bring you some tricks to prepone or postpone your period naturally.
Prepone Your Period:
- Papaya is your friend. Eat generous quantities of papaya as it generates heat in your body and results in early menses.
- Consume jaggery (gur) with sesame seeds (til) or drink a glass of ginger juice with jaggery on an empty stomach every morning.
- Try to drink a glass of pomegranate juice twice or thrice a day if you want an early period.
- Consume carrot in any form on a regular basis.
- Incorporate ginger in every cup of tea if you're in need of an early period.
- Consume pineapple in large quantities because it is one of the most heat-inducing foods.
- This is the simplest! Add a pinch of turmeric (haldi) powder to boiling water and drink it twice a day to prepone your period.
Postpone Your Period:
- Parsley or coriander leaves are right what you need to postpone your period. Boil the leaves in water for about 15 minutes, strain the water and drink it with honey twice a day.
- Consume gram lentils (masoor daal) with warm water daily for a week before your date is due.
- Mix three spoons of vinegar in a glass of water and drink it twice or thrice a day.
- Increase the amount of regular physical activity two weeks in advance of your date.
- Abstain from spicy food; spicy food is no good if you're trying to delay your period.
Whether you're trying to prepone or postpone your period, start making efforts at least 15 days before your date is due. Don't rush at the last minute in the hope that these home remedies will work wonders.