How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar on Your Hair
Is your hair dry and dreary? This apple cider vinegar hair rinse may be just the super shine treatment you need.
Yes, the thought of apple cider vinegar in your hair sounds weird, but trust me, i wouldn't share the secret with you if it wasn't MAGIC!
This simple ACV rinse recipe can be used one to two times weekly. While some say you can use it as a conditioner, I use it in addition to conditioner because my hair gets tangled. If you have dry hair you may want to use a little less ACV and if you have oily hair, then you may want to use a bit more.
2 Tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
1.Combine ingredients in a cup or bowl.
2.Shampoo and condition as you normally would. Once you've rinsed both the shampoo and conditioner, cover your hair with the raw apple cider vinegar rinse. (Be sure to close your eyes tightly.)
3.Rinse your hair thoroughly.
Tips & Tricks
1. The specific amount of apple cider vinegar you need will vary depending on the person. Start with 2 tbspn. and increase the quantity if you don't see any results.
2. Use less apple cider vinegar for dry hair, while those with oily hair or scalp issues such as dandruff will do better with more apple cider vinegar.
3. Figuring out how often to apply this rinse will depend on your current hair and scalp situation. I recommend applying this rinse twice a week. If you have dry or "thin" hair, you may do better rinsing your hair only a 1-2 times a month.
4. After the apple cider vinegar hair rinse, you do not have to use a conventional conditioner as the vinegar mixture will naturally condition your hair.
1. Apple cider vinegar is naturally high in acetic acid and has a pH level which is close to that of human hair.
2. The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is a potent antimicrobial.
3. It is known to be a natural de-tangler
4. Can be used as a cleanser after application of hair products.
5. Apple cider vinegar stimulates better blood circulation to the hair follicles – something that is vital for encouraging hair growth and preventing hair loss.
6. Prevents Split Ends & Breakage