Iftaar Special | Mutton Shami Kebabs
The Holy month of Ramadan is here and we are seriously missing the yummy street food we are treated to at this time!
We bet, if we weren’t in quarantine we would be hitting the streets to indulge in some mouthwatering Iftaar snacks. Keeping in mind the love we have for these appetizing Muslim delicacies, we bring you a recipe you can try at home.
Follow these steps and treat yourself and family to some yummy mutton shami kebabs. Check out the recipe here:
• 500 grams Boneless Mutton
• 1 cup chana dal
• ½ teaspoon Turmeric/powder
• 10 cloves garlic
• 2 inch Ginger
• 3 green chillies finely chopped
• ¼ pecans finely chopped
• 3 spring mint leaves/pudina
• Salt as required
• Oil as needed
• 4 Red Chillies
• 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
• 5 Cloves
• ½ inch cinnamon stick
• 2 Cardamom
• ½ teaspoon shahi jeera
• 2 black cardamom
1. Wash and soak chana dal for minimum 1-2 hours.
2. Wash mutton pieces nicely and pressure cook it with soaked chana dal, turmeric powder, salt ginger, garlic and whole spices.
3. Once the mutton is done, pass it through a strainer and collect the stock in a separate bowl. (This stock can later be used to make any mutton curry.)
4. Grind the cooled mutton and dal to make a fine dough. (The dough may look fibrous because of the meat.)
5. Add finely chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped mint and coriander and mix nicely till everything incorporates well.
6. Heat a wide pan and grease it with 1-2 tablespoon oil.
7. Pinch a lemon sized ball from the mutton mix and flatten it to shape a round disk.
8. Similarly make rest of the kebabs and shallow fry from both sides in a wide pan till they turn dark brown.
9. Serve with onion rings, lemon and dhaniya pudina chutney.