Keto Diet 101: Have More Fats To Lose Weight
A keto diet is a known progressive method of losing weight by following a low-carb high-fat diet. The fat content in your diet increases while the carbs go down to a very low percentage. The purpose is to produce ketones in the liver which will later be used as energy.
When you consume carbohydrates in high amount, your body will produce glucose and insulin. Glucose is really easy to be converted into energy, so all the fat you've been consuming with the carbs is stored, as it is not utilized. Your body will convert glucose into energy rather than converting fats into energy.
When you consume fewer carbohydrates, you're giving your body a chance to utilize the stored fats. This process is known as ketosis. How it works is, ketosis is initiated when the carb intake in your body is low. So, when the fats in your body break down, it will produce ketones. When you will starve yourself of carbs, your body will start using ketones as its primary source of energy and voila, you can say hello to a fitter you!
Now, if you're planning to opt for the ketogenic diet aka the keto diet, you should keep these tips in mind!
- The lower your carbohydrates intake, the better the results will be.
- You will obviously have to plan this diet ahead.
- Just like every other diet, expecting immediate results is a bad idea.
- Cut down on your carbs (less than 15g per day).
- Now, don't expect your body to accept fats only if you're used to pairing carbs and fats in every meal. It all depends on how quickly you want to go into a ketogenic state.
- If you can't figure out a proper dish, there are a lot of keto recipes available online.
Do let us know if the keto diet works wonders for you! Until then, ciao!