Know The Many Benefits Of Ice Cold Water
Summers are just getting worse with each passing day. I just can't keep myself from drinking gallons of cold water these days. But did you know that apart from quenching our thirst, there are many other benefits of ice cold water? Let's find out how cold water can help us stay healthy and beautiful.
1) Your skin loves cold water. Washing your face with cold water enhances blood rush to your face, thereby giving it a special glow. While hot water removes all the essential oils from your skin, cold water does the exact opposite.
Also Read: Benefits of having warm water
2) Drinking a glass full of cold water after waking up in the morning awakens all your organs. It activates the sensors just beneath your skin and also increases your heart rate.
3) Your hair and scalp will thank you for washing it with really cold water. You can add some ice to a bucket of water just to wash your hair. If you have the habit of washing your tresses with warm or hot water. Stop it immediately! Switch to cold water for shinier hair.
Also Read: Reasons to drink water
4) Cold water is one of the first things that you can try to ease pain. Dipping a finger with a cut in ice cold water can immediately stop the blood flow. You can also dip your legs in an ice bath to reduce sores and aching muscles.
5) This one is a great tip for the lovers. Ice water improves levels of sex hormones like estrogen and testosterone. So cooling yourself with cold water can result in some hot sex!
6) It also boosts your immune system. A research in Czech shows that people who take bath with cold water thrice a week happened to have a much higher level of white blood cells (that fight infections) than the once that didn't.
These are some of the many benefits of ice cold water. I'm sure you will be running for that glass of cold water after reading this. Go on; reap the boons of plain old cold water!