Use Our Very Desi Kabuli Chana to Make Delicious Chocolate Cookies!
My kind of recipe is one that doesn't require me to shop at expensive outlets or lose all of my paycheck on one shopping trip. Well then, it comes as no surprise that I jumped with joy as soon as I found this recipe. Using chickpeas – or Kabuli Chana, as they're called in most Indian homes – I can now whip up gooey chocolatey yumminess.
Let's start, shall we? Kabuli Chana & Chocolate cookies are the perfect choice for all vegan dessert lovers and pretty much anybody with a sweet tooth! Oh and needless to say, this does NOT taste like chickpeas at all; it tastes like cinnamon-y mornings, vanilla ice cream-laden desserts, and overall goodness, TBD promises :)
Also Read: Nutella Stuffed Cookies Because, Why Not!
Requirements for Kabuli Chana Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas (Kabuli Chana/whole Bengal gram)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond milk/any nut milk (non-vegans may use regular milk)
- ¾ cup oats (either rolled oats or quick cooking ones)
- ½ cup honey/maple syrup
- 2/3 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, depending on your preference)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take any oven-proof skillet or baking pan and grease it lightly
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a bowl and mix gently
- Add this mixture to a food processor and blend thoroughly until it results in a smooth mixture
- Stop the processor, ensure the mixture along the sides is also pushed down, and blend for another 2-3 minutes until each ingredient has been mixed thoroughly
- Add the Kabuli Chana chocolate cookies' mixture back to the bowl and gently fold in the chocolate chips
- On the greased skillet, add this mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes until your inserted knife comes out clean
- Depending on your heat and vessel, Kabuli Chana chocolate cookies may even be cooked sooner, so ensure you begin the knife test at 20 minutes
Tips to Consider While Making Kabuli Chana Chocolate Cookies:
- Preferably, use freshly ground cinnamon for an added kick to the taste
- Although any kind of salt is fine, sea salt or kosher salt lends this dessert a unique texture
That's it – one hour max and you're done! I don't know about you but if I can turn common ingredients of my kitchen into decadent, gooey desserts, I'm definitely sold! Oh, do enjoy this Kabuli Chana chocolate cookies with your loved ones and some vanilla ice cream!
Image Credits: wellplated.com, alibaba.com