Natural Ways To Avoid And Get Rid Of Winter Acne
Acne is no longer something just restricted to the summer months. Owing to the lower consumption of water in winters, our skin gets dehydrated and forms acne. Plus, due to the chill outside, our skin breaks out more often. The Brunette Diaries tells you about the natural ways to avoid and get rid of winter acne!
Also Read: 5 Reasons You Suffer From Acne Problems
You may be unintentionally harming your skin in many ways. Follow these measures for flawless skin.
- Get into the habit of washing pillowcases regularly. If doing it daily is too much for you, do it once a week. The oils on your pillowcases are in constant contact with your face for 6 to 8 hours every night. This is a major cause of the formation of pesky acnes. Keep a few pillowcases handy for the times when immediate laundry is not possible.
- Wash your face at least twice a day. Make sure to wash your hands before washing your face. Pat dry your face with a clean towel instead of rubbing it. Always tone and moisturize your face after a wash. Choose a suitable moisturizer depending on your skin type.
Also Read: How To Get Rid Of Pimples Or Acne Faster
Try these effective home remedies with easily available ingredients to heal acne breakouts.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (dalchini) and blend it to form a paste. Apply this paste to the affected area like a mask. Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of milk or yoghurt (dahi) with 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture like a mask. Rinse it off after 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk 2-3 egg whites and apply on your face like a mask. Dry the mask for about 20 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
- Grind orange peels and make a paste with water. Apply this to the affected areas and keep it on for 20 minutes. Rinse off when the mask is firm.
- Rub a banana peel in a circular motion over your face. Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to the affected areas.
- Apply lemon juice with a cotton ball to acne.
- Steam clean your face at least once a day.
- Grate a raw potato and rub the pulp and juice over your face in a circular motion. Let it dry for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Irritated with a sudden acne outbreak? Reduce the redness and swelling by rubbing the juice and crushed mint leaves on your face. Leave it for 5- 10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.
Your skin may be losing out its charm because of the frequent acne breakouts. Its time you hear what it tries to say. Stop using expensive acne medications and get rid of winter acne by following these easy tips.
Also Read: Causes Of Adult Acne