Opt For A Hair Colour That Suits Your Skin Tone
Who knew that getting rid of our natural hair colour would be so easy one day? Just walk into a salon and walk out of it with brand new locks!
Also Read: Henna VS Hair Colour – Take Your Pick!
Now, if you're new to the world of hair colour, you're probably having a pretty tough time in deciding the shade that's made just for you. Different stylists will have different opinions about which colour you should pick and by D-Day, you're just gonna remain super confused.
Take the help of our hair colour guide and find your best bet, depending on your skin tone. ‘Coz a colour that doesn't complement your skin tone will do no good to your look.
- Firstly, take the help of this picture to determine the family of skin tones that you belong to. Only when you're sure of this, should you proceed with the rest of this guide.
- For Cool Shades:
- Intense browns
- Avoid gold and bronze tones
- For Warm Shades:
- Deep rich browns like chocolate, chestnut, or auburns
- Rich golden browns
- Red or copper as highlights
- Avoid blues and whites
- For women who don't shy away from experimenting, use adventurous colours to highlight your hair. Although we'd not advise you to become a redhead, pinkhead, or purplehead :)
- Now let's talk about the most common family of colours.
- Reds look super pretty but are tricky to play with. Fair-skinned women should opt for a light red or a copper red while women with olive skin tones should choose blue-based reds. In fact, burgundy is one such colour that probably suits all skin tones!
- Browns are a huge family and hence, have something for each one of us. While chocolate brown and ash brown are perfect for warm skin tones, mahogany and chestnut complement cool skin tones well.
Now that you've figured out the hair colour that would flatter you the most, go book the salon appointment right away!