Pros And Cons Of Having A House Husband Like Kabir
As soon as the trailer of ‘Ki & Ka' released, a lot of young women fell in love with Arjun Kapoor's character in the movie. Based on the ultimate role reversal, ‘Ki & Ka' portrays a couple challenging the norms of the society by switching roles. Kareena Kapoor Khan plays Kia, an ambitious woman who refuses to become a homemaker just because she is married, while Arjun Kapoor plays Kabir, a zany character who does not want to take up the stress of a professional life; he instead wants to become like his homemaker mother. While we have seen women entrepreneurs on screen time and again, the idea of a house-husband is refreshingly new. Is it a boon or a bane? Read on to find out the pros and cons of having a house-husband.
- Ladies, just imagine the bliss of having a life minus the constant household worries! No need to wake up early to prepare breakfast for everybody before you leave for work, no need to make phone calls to check on your maid time and again, no need to return home on time because your in-laws want timely dinner; all this is possible because you have a sincere husband at home who's taking care of all this! An ear-to-ear grin on your face already? Yes, we understand!
- The prospect of having a house-husband also brings along the possibility of luxuries like bed tea and delicacies in your lunch dabba! Haven't we ladies forgotten what it feels like to be pampered! Isn't Kabir the sweetest husband!
- Your husband touching the feet of your parents every morning instead of you compulsorily doing it the other way round; only if dreams came true.
- Things would turn irritating when your husband would be asking you for money every other day to run the household. While the idea of a wife asking for money for household expenses is quite okay (well, that's how we are conditioned, aren't we), the possibility of a man living off the expenses of a woman is pretty disturbing… to women too. You would eventually feel the pinch if you had to pay all those house bills by yourself.
- No matter how cool the concerned individuals are with switching roles, Indian society isn't too kind when it comes to digesting such offbeat ideas. You may initially throw caution to the wind, but will eventually be affected by judgmental neighbors and relatives. In the worst case scenario, this could even lead to a fallout between the two of you.
The idea of having a house-husband may sound exciting to the ladies, but trust me, it is not advisable for the long run.
Anyway, here's the official trailer of ‘Ki & Ka' if you haven't already watched it.