Scalp Care Tips: How To Have A Healthy And Clean Scalp
We dream of gorgeous locks and invest our time and money on a range of styling products. Seldom do we realize that all we're focusing on are dead cells. Ya, have you forgotten hair is nothing but dead cells? The actual place that needs our attention is the roots of our hair, the scalp. No matter how hard you try, you will never be able to get entirely rid of hair problems if your scalp is in distress. Here are some scalp care tips you can follow for healthy hair and scalp.
- Brushing your hair with a wide-toothed brush is one of the favours you can do to your scalp. Frequent brushing (not excessive) will do wonders for your scalp by removing the dead skin cells that clog hair follicles. It also stimulates circulation and allows your scalp to breathe. Also get into the habit of brushing your hair before hopping in the shower.
- Shampooing your hair every day is okay if you're using a mild shampoo, otherwise you may dry out your scalp. Ideally, you should not wait longer than 2 or 3 days to wash your hair because dead cells, oil and dust cumulatively can wreak havoc on your scalp.
Also Read: Things you never knew about shampooing
- Most women are ignorant of the benefits of a good conditioner for your scalp. Contrary to popular belief, apply your conditioner not only to your hair but to your scalp as well because it restores the moisture which was drained during shampooing.
- Yes, your granny was right all throughout. Oil to your scalp is just like food is to you. Take out some time and massage quick-absorbing oil onto your scalp before going to bed every night. Wash your hair the next morning. If oiling your hair every day is not a possibility for you, try doing it once or twice a week.
- Eggs are very important when it comes to nourishment for your hair and scalp. Use natural egg masks or better still, take the help of an oil or shampoo which contains the benefits of egg. This way you won't have to deal with the mess too.
- If you realize the importance of exfoliation for your skin, you need to understand that it's essential for your scalp too. You could either take the help of an exfoliating scalp mask or create one at home too. Add a few spoonfuls of sugar to your shampoo and work it onto your scalp using your fingertips. Be sure not to use your fingernails when scrubbing; use only your finger tips.
- Don't overlook an itchy or flaky scalp because these might be the symptoms of dandruff problems. Pay attention to what your scalp is trying to tell you and act accordingly because a healthy scalp is the secret behind healthy hair.
Neglecting your scalp can become a cause of regret over time. Follow these scalp care tips and start working towards a healthy and clean scalp before it's too late.