Simple And Natural Home Remedies To Fight Sunburn
If your skin tends to peel after long hours in the sun, congratulations... it's your body's way to get rid of cells that can become cancerous because of the sun. A sunburn is inevitable if you like to be out on the beach in summers. Here is a list of natural home remedies to fight sunburn; they are soothing and will help you get rid of that horrible burning sensation. Check them out.
- Apply cool milk (not cold) directly on the areas that are sunburnt. The milk will form a layer of protein over your skin that will provide relief from the discomfort.
- Chill cucumbers in the fridge and make a paste out of it by mashing them in the blender. Apply this paste on your face, hands, back and other affected areas and wait for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. The natural antioxidants in the cucumbers provide fast relief.
- Add a cup of cider vinegar to your bath water and soak yourself in it. This helps balance the pH of your burnt skin and also heals it.
- Aloe Vera gel is one of the most soothing components that are just perfect to get relief from a sunburn. Apply fresh aloe gel or lotions with aloe to the burnt skin twice or thrice a day.
- Make a paste by mixing cornstarch with cool water. Apply this paste over the sun burnt areas and leave it on until the burning sensation seems to have faded. Rinse off the cornstarch completely and pat dry your skin.
- Keep your body hydrated with cold water and juices once you get home after getting a sunburn. It is extremely essential to keep drinking fluids, especially water, to start the healing process.
Also Read: 5 Quick Natural Remedies To Remove Sun Tan
These are some easy home remedies to remove sunburn. So, the next time you come back home with those hideous red patches on your skin, do try these quick tips for quick relief.